Impozycjoner saves each page of the imposition sheet in a separate file. Then, these files can be combined into one file or they can be combined into sheets (e.g. double-sided PDF-files when generating impositions with full sheets).
In the name of the imposition file, you can put information that allows you to read the parameters of the sheet without opening it in the PDF reader.
The name of the resulting PDF-file consists of several combined phrases:
Name’s core--Additional information--sheet’s/page’s sign--additional phrase.pdf
Phrases are combined with a double hyphen.
The program will not allow you to generate an imposition file which name is the same as the name of the file loaded into Imposition Pages Table.
Name’s core is a phrase in the Save... dialog box, that opens after pressing the imposition button – provided that the switch: Ask for the core of the imposition file name (dialog box: Options and settings > Tab: General) is turned to YES.
If the switch Ask for the core of the imposition file name is turned to NO, then the program do not ask the user about the Name’s core. The Name’s core is in this case is the name of the first file in the Imposition Pages Table. In the Folder with this file there will be created a subfolder: IMPOZYCJONER and in this folder will be saved all the files created by the program during the process of generating imposition sheets. We definitely recommend this way of working with the program.
There is an exception to the above rule: if in the panel: Additional options would be chosen the option: Do not merge resulting files with single sheet pages, the core of the name changes to the name of the file in the first occupied use on each page (counting from the top left use, rows).
If none of the use is occupied, the name of the first file in is the core in Imposition Pages Tabel. Concerns only leaflet’s imposition and only the names of files names with subsequent pages of imposition sheets. Not applicable for Spreadsheet Creator and book’s imposition.
The phrase with supplementary information consists of signs allowing to identify the type of sheet.
In leaflet’s imposition mode:
In the Spreadsheet Creator mode:
In the book imposition mode:
Additional information in a form of LxPM(B-D) only appear in file names with single pages or pages combined in sheets.
In case of generating files that are a combination of all single pages into one file, additional information are added to the file’s name as: P(B-D).
Adding supplementary information to the file name can be turned off in the Dialog box: Options and settings > Tab: General.
In the leaflet’s mode (also in the Spreadsheet creator):
- SXpY, where X is the number of the Sheet, Y is the number of the page. In case of Half press sheet or single sheet page and putting result pages into sheets - pY phrase does not exist.
In the book imposition mode
- GZAXpY, where Z is a number of gathering, X is the number of the sheet, Y is the number of the page. For Half press sheet - pY the phrase will be changed to H (means: Half press sheet). When combining the resulting pages into sheets - the phrase pY does not exist.
GZ phrase occures only by sewn-binding and sewn-binding “4-Pages”. It can also occure as GZU, where U stands for Uncomplete gathering.
Sheet’s/page’s sign phrase does not appear in the file’s name – it is a combination of all pages in the sheet into one file.
- IMPOZYCJONER – additional phrase in this form occurs in both modes of the program (books and leaflets). Its length allows you to easily find in the folder with impositioned PDF-files - imposition files. Adding additional phrase to the file’s name can be proceeded in the dialog box Settings and Options > Tag: General.
- LAYOUT – an additional phrase in this form is added to the file name when the imposition model is generated.
- SUMMARY - the additional phrase in this form is added to the file name with the code number of the uses (refers only to leaflet’s imposition).
When generating imposition sheets, you can also generate files with an imposition project (*.impozycjoner). The rules for creating names for these files are exactly the same as for file names that are a combination of all individual pages of imposition sheets into one file.
If the additional information and the additional phrase are added to the core of the name - and at the same time the switch: Ask for the core of the imposition file name (Dialog box: Options and settings > Tab: General) is changed to NO, then in the IMPOZYCJONER folder there can be created a file with the same name, like one of the books used for imposition. Such a situation, if in the Additional options panel the option to combine all final files into one file will be enabled. We recommend caution.